Monday, August 28, 2006

Smiling

Mass was great for me this weekend. I went on Saturday and wasn't up for going when I did but I knew I needed to go anyway. In fact, on the way there, I almost turned the car around but decided that, with the mood I was in, going to church might help out a bit. So, I went anyway.

For the first time, there was a noticeable difference between how I felt going in and how I felt going out. I cannot say what it was, although the fact that my kids were angels for a change really helped out! All I know is, when I left, I felt at peace and I was smiling... I'm so glad I didn't miss it because it was just what I needed.

When the Mass came to an end, an elderly woman behind me told me I have a beautiful family... I swear, it was just what I needed to hear... Thank the Lord for her words. It's slow in coming but I am beginning to feel God tug at me in small ways. Sometimes, it's just a few words that someone says, something I hear on the radio, or some small passage I read when I suddenly feel like I "get it"... and something else becomes clear to me.

After church, I took the kids out to dinner and they continued to behave like angels. Perhaps they sensed the peace I was feeling?

I signed the boys up for religious education classes which begin in the middle of September. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to pay for them... RCIA begins Wednesday of next week (sooner than I thought before) and I'm looking forward to it.

I have been putting more thought into how I'm going to present this to my parents. Writing a letter seems like such a large task but it will allow me to accomplish what I want to accomplish without argument. It will allow them time, after I inform them, to settle the emotions down so that harsh words aren't exchanged... and it will also allow me the opportunity to explain everything I need to without being interrupted and confronted. Thing is, when I think about beginning the letter, it just seems overwhelming.

Perhaps I could simply email them the link to this blog? Nice and easy!

I wish.

***************

Today's prayers:
Deanna's husband - for his health
My sister and her husband - regarding the possible adoption
Damion

***************


Quotes by Saint Augustine

"Unhappy is the soul enslaved by the love of anything that is mortal."

"God has no need of your money, but the poor have. You give it to the poor, and God receives it."

"This very moment I may, if I desire, become the friend of God."

"I will suggest a means whereby you can praise God all day long, if you wish. Whatever you do, do it well, and you have praised God."

"God bestows more consideration on the purity of the intention with which our actions are performed than on the actions themselves."

No comments:

Post a Comment