Thursday, August 10, 2006

RCIA

Tonight I will be going to my first RCIA class... I've been anxious and a little depressed lately. I believe there are forces working against my decision to enter the Catholic Church... making me uneasy.

I have a pit in my stomach.

This is, without a doubt, a very difficult journey.

Since I suffer from depression by nature, I expect to have some dark moments throughout this time in my life, although I am praying that the Lord will see me through them as He has in the past.

I am also in the process of trying to get my children into the religious education classes. It is possible that the only available time is at 4:00... an option not open to me as a single parent who works until 4:30. The church has a 6:15 pm class but it may be full already... I'd hate for them to miss out.

Please pray for the doors to open and for the relief of my anxiety.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:50 PM

    When I decided to convert I took weekly instructions from a parish priest. Up until the day I was introduced to him I had never been any closer to a priest than the back row of a church. Needless to say, when I went to the rectory this first time I was practically a basket case. When he came out of his office and introduced himself, I opened my mouth to speak and not a sound came out. Not even a squeak.

    Hang in there Amber and be calm. Everything will be just fine. You're coming Home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please do not be afraid. I learned so much in RCIA. I went through it in 2003-2004, and now I'm preparing to become a priest. I started learning then, and now I spend time each day continuing my learning of the Faith. It's so wonderful!

    The first RCIA class I attended the priest warned us about the satan. My priest said that satan will often attack people by putting doubt and depression into them. Satan is a fallen angel. He thought he was equal to God and didn't want Jesus to come to earth and save us. For this, he was thrown from Heaven and salvation. And, now he wants each of us to suffer too. So, just hang in there! Everything is going to be good.

    Just trust in God! Please let me know how your RCIA class goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have my prayers. The anxiety and difficulty you describe as you start taking RCIA classes is something you will have support for once you start the classes - it's a paradox.

    Single parenting presents many challenges. The good thing is that once you make contacts in the Catholic community, there may be other options for transportation/classes for the kids. Make sure you let the deacon, priest and laity who run the religious education program know of your dilemna and I am sure, over time, it can be solved.

    Won't it be nice to be in community with others on the same journey!

    I found your blog through blogroll and am very glad I stopped by. Good luck with everything and let me know if I can be of any support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray for you! When I feel anxious - I do several different things. One of them is visit this tremendous site that is absolutely wonderful. I have never gone there and not felt peace afterwars. It is at http://www.sacredspace.ie/.

    ReplyDelete