Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Thanks be to God!

"The Almighty has done great things for me."

As a single mother of three, I have been blessed beyond measure. I don't often take inventory of the blessings I've been given. Today, I'm going to take a minute to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for. This is a very random list:


  • First and foremost, faith in God

  • Jesus' death which atoned for my sins

  • A good job that allows me to stay out of the welfare trap

  • Three beautiful and healthy children

  • Youngest son overcoming his speech disorder

  • Oldest son coming through neurosurgery (7 years ago)

  • Daughter overcoming her asthma condition

  • A roof over my head

  • The ability to turn on the heat when I'm cold and not worry about the expense

  • A car to drive that fits my whole family comfortably

  • The bad relationships which allow me to realize how blessed I am to have Damion in my life

  • The Lord guiding me to the Catholic Church and all the people that have since inspired me to be a better Christian

  • Catholic radio and all it's programming

  • The brokenness that is bringing me healing

  • Friends who care unconditionally

  • My family

  • My great-aunt Sue - a strong Catholic who gives me encouragement

  • Plenty of food and good water to drink

  • Being born in a free country


The list, of course, could go one forever... but these are a few things that came to my mind today.

What great things has The Almighty done for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment