Monday, September 24, 2007

A short rant

So, I sought out a more orthodox parish... and I found one that is slowly slipping into more unorthodox ways of doing things. You know it's getting bad when the choir leader is encouraging everyone to clap during the opening song (and at other times throughout the Mass as well) complete with a full rock band to lead us. Clapping and swaying like I'm at some charismatic renewal movement instead of sitting at Mass, a sacred and solemn prayer representing the sacrifice of Christ.

I wonder, if we were at the foot of the cross, would we be swaying, singing and clapping in joy? Is there a reason why people insist on taking the sacred solemnity out of the Mass? Am I the only one who sees the serious problem with this?

What is one to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment