Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sirach 4:28

"Even to the death fight for truth, and the LORD your God will battle for you." 

 I love this verse. So often it is difficult to stand up for the truth, especially when society has become so relativistic. But God calls us to fight to the death for the truth if necessary. In doing so, we know that God will join us in the fight and that, in the end, the truth will always win. It is the search for truth that brought me to the Catholic faith and I've had to work hard to defend my decision to follow God into what many call a "dried-up, man-made, religion of rules". How so very wrong they are... as it is none of these things! In fact, the Catholic faith challenges me to grow in Christ, to study more, pray more and love more. I love my faith and want to grow in the desire to fight for the truth, whatever the cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment