Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Small Update

I spoke with the RCIA director last week about my conditional baptism/reconciliation situation. She stated that the priest wanted to speak with me directly about the matter and that I could also do reconciliation at that time if it were necessary. So, I made an appointment to meet with him on February 19 th. Of course, this was before I realized that the schools are closed and I'll have the kids with me. I haven't quite figured out how I'm going to swing that one yet. What was I thinking?!?

 

Regardless, I'm relieved to hear that he'll be able to hear my confession at that time.

 

I just finished "By What Authority?" by Mark Shea. What a wonderful book! I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to learn more about the problems of sola scriptura. Evangelicals hold to Catholic Tradition without even knowing it in many cases and these are explained in detail in this book. I love how detailed the book was in the logical problems with the doctrine of sola scriptura without attacking those who hold this belief. It forces one to take a look at Tradition as Catholics understand it so that they cannot be confused the "traditions of men" that Catholics are accused of practicing.

 

I have much more swimming around in my head but I'll have to save them for another post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment