Monday, January 22, 2007

View of God

Q: Do you look at God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, differently now that you've become Catholic? If so, how?

A: My view of God has changed a bit but not drastically since converting to Catholicism. I now understand that my sin grieves God to a great degree. Previously, I don’t think I understood the depth of grief that God feels for those who turn away in sin. I still don’t fully grasp it but I’m getting to understand on a deeper level that sin severs my relationship with God and that I cannot just assume that that relationship is repaired unless my heart is truly repentant.

I am also beginning to get a grasp on the role of the Holy Spirit in my life... though I am not really able to put this into words. Previously, the Holy Spirit was sort of ignored. I don’t know if that was a result of my ignorance or a result of the way I’d been taught but I realize now that the Holy Spirit is active and should not be ignored...

Through study and prayer, I believe my view of God will change over time and I believe that this is true for anyone who is growing in the Lord. I believe I had a much more infantile look at God a year ago and my image is shifting into something more mature... Every day is another lesson. Every day I seek to know a little more of God and his purpose for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment