Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Are they listening?

It seems I will never reach those close to me with the truth of Catholicism. It nearly seems like a pointless uphill battle. But then, I think of how I used to be. When I was talking about faith matters with Damion, and I found I could be wrong, I never admitted it. But this is what brought me into the state of seeking God that finally brought me into the fullness of truth. So, I realize that even if my own friends found that the Catholic position makes sense, they will probably not be quick to admit it either... In fact, they'll likely never let on that they'll consider it for a moment...

No one wants to be wrong. No one wants to think that what they've believed their whole life about their own faith could be lacking a bit of truth and very few non-Catholic Christians ever want to admit that Catholicism could have some truth in it. Non-Catholic Christians have been brainwashed with straw man arguments for so long, they have no idea what true Catholicism is!

This is something I need to keep in mind when I speak to my friends about Catholicism. While they may not let me see that I'm making sense to them, they may be hearing more than I think they are.

Often, when an airtight position is presented, people will begin to say the most ludicrous things and it's likely that even THEY will think that what they are saying is ridiculous.... After all, anything is better than admitting that you could be wrong, right? But eventually, they will be alone with God... pondering the truth. Eventually, it will all make sense. For some, this is a slow process. For others, it's nearly instantaneous. But we must always be ready... ready to share our faith with others, even when it seems they don't hear a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment